Who We Are
Our Website Address is https://techkle.com
The person behind running this blog is Sanjeev Mohindra. It’s a personal blog which has come to light out of interest.
Techkle is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Here are some of the definitions which you will find used extensively on this page.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Our Website Techkle.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period of 3 years. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to Information – meaning you have to right to know how your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to Access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to Rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data.
- Right to Erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to Processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
Here is what data we gather and how we process it on Techkle.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
We do use third party service as a spam detection tool and pass commenter’s name, email address, site URL, IP address, and user agent to them so that they can detect the spam and in case they mark it as spam, we will remove the comment from our blog.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you use the contact form to ask any questions or make a suggestion, we collect the data shown in the contact form.
The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site and is emailed directly to us. This email will include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website, and message.
We keep that data for a period of one year so that we can refer it back. You can always send us a request to delete that if you want it to be removed early.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We do allow multiple email subscription options to our readers. You can subscribe to receive new posts through email, receive replies to your comment or our exclusive tips and tricks emails.
To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed).
In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (
DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
If you do not want to receive any emails from Techkle, you can always unsubscribe from the email subscription service. Each email sent by us contain a link which can be used to unsubscribe from the service.
In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
We track following activities – Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Below data is synced with Jetpack – Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
How Long We Retain The Data
Depending on the type of data, we retain is from 1 day to up to 3 years.
Email subscription does not have any expiry and they will be active as long as you do not unsubscribe from those.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not provide any services to children.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can, to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
How To Reach Us
You can always reach us by using the Contact Us page. Please allow us a day to take a look at your request and respond.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Techkle does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Techkle, with the drawback that certain features of Techkle may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Ads appearing on any of our Services may be delivered by advertising networks. Other parties may also provide analytics services via our Services.
These ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about your use of our Services and across other websites and online services.
These technologies allow these third parties to recognize your device to compile information about you or others who use your device. This information allows us and other companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to your interests.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.