While taking a stroll around the workplace you always spotted one or two members at your workplace picking up the trend of the standing desk. From Apple to Oracle, almost all the employees are adapting to the culture of ‘Standing Desks’ after the famous statements by the doctors, “Sitting is the new Cancer” and “Sitting is like smoking a Cigarette”.
What’s all this with a standing desk?
The standing desk is a high desk or sometimes adaptive to high and low desks both, for your reading and work purposes which you use while standing or sometimes by sitting on a high stool.
This isn’t a new trend but has been in fashion since the 18th century. And now, what if I tell you that the active users were Leonardo Da Vinci, Viriginia Wolf among others! Surprised, aren’t you?
Why Standing Desk?
All of this has kept you wondering as to why a standing desk? Who makes the best standing desk?
There are many benefits of using a standing desk which allows you to work both while sitting and standing. Using a single position for a long time can be harmful to your health whether it’s sitting or standing.
If you want to know the detail benefits of a standing desk, don’t worry, we’ve got you all covered up!
Benefits of Standing Desk
Here are a few reasons to make this tool your new workplace best-friend –
– It helps you burn more calories rather than sitting- When you’re sitting, you’re actively doing no activity at all but while standing, you are prone to do an extra activity which helps you burn an extra of around 300-700 calories per week.
– After the much-waited lunchtime, you’re not dull anymore- Yep! All you’ve gotta do is go to your standing desk and you’re away from your afternoon lethargy and lull. (P.S- you’ll notice the clock ticking faster as you tend to get more productive.)
– You’re going to love it because the back pain and joint pains will have an easy exit- sitting for longer durations can cause severe back pain and pain near your neck. But, standing means more of stretching which means you’re actually ditching the back pain.
– Reduced Metabolic Risk- When you are standing as compared to your mundane sitting routine, you reduce the metabolic risk to diabetes and heart-strokes.
– Better sleep at night- Have you ever noticed yourself rushing to grab a seat on the train even after sitting all day? This leads to a sluggish and a lull mood which paves the way for a disturbing sleep. On the contrary, when you are standing you are actually doing some physical stuff for your body which induces deep sleep and you also wake up fresh.
Suggested Read: Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers For Your Outside Parties
Best Standing Desk for Home Office Setup
Although the above benefits are up to the mark for you to opt for a different workplace lifestyle, one should keep in mind that an access of a thing can often lead to a disaster. That’s why it’s very important for you to strike a balance between your standing and sitting work routines.
Thus, we highly recommend you to use desks which are customizable as per your needs.
Here are some of the best standing desks waiting for you in the market out there.
VIVO Black Stand Up Desk
The first stand up desk in our list not only converts any existing desk to a stand-up desk but also can act as a dual stand monitor. You can place it on the regular desk, add the keyboard and whenever you want to make it a standing desk, you can use the attached handles.
With a simple squeeze of the handles and spring-based height adjustment, you can raise it according to your needs. Keyboard also gets raised along with it so it becomes a working standing desk within a minute.
The frame is steel based which gives it a good strength and flexibility. It also comes with 3 years standard warranty to give you peace of mind.
VARIDESK 49900 Pro Plus 36
Varidesk Pro Plus 36 – $ 395, Rated 4.8 stars out of 5
This desk caters to your dual monitor needs. Also, you can use it while sitting or standing as per your preferences. The add-on?
You can adjust it in up to 11 different positions as per your comfort. Also, no need to assemble as it gets delivered as a compact model.
Just install this standing desk and set it up according to your comfort. You can even change the position multiple times in a day so that you won’t spend much time in a single position.
FlexiSpot Stand Up Desk Converter
FlexiSpot Standup Converter Desk- $ 199, Rated 4.9 stars out of 5.
This is one of the best standing desks for all the student community out there! (Not a compulsion but fits best in the student budget).
The height is adjustable, spacious desk, and removable keyboard. Again, it has straight up and down movements which help you while sitting as well as standing.
It’s available in two lovely colors- black and mahogany.
Suggested Read: Best Productivity Apps For Mac To Get More Work Done
SITA OFFICE Standing Desk Preassembled
SITA Office Adjustable Standing Desk- $ 144, Rated 4.1 stars out of 5.
Along with comfort and style, it also gives you a smooth movement due to its hovering gas spring system.
You can adjust its height up to 18inches. With this catch and the prize, you can opt for it for a better working lifestyle.
FlexiSpot 48″ Adjustable Height Standing Desk
Crank Standing Desk- $ 386, Rated 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Adjusting this is desk from 28” to 49’’ is as easy as operating the lever.
The plus point here is that the table surface is laminated which adds more years to its life.
You also have an option to choose from a wide range of unique styles and colors for your surface.
X-Elite Pro Glide Standing Desk
X-Elite Pro Glide Standing Desk- $ 169, Rated 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Super easy to handle and compatible with any surface you wish to use on.
You can customize it on your regular desk when you’re sitting or just adjust the height when you wish to stand. With 31” x 21” and sleek design, it’s easy to store without burning a hole in your pocket.
Suggested Read: Best Cases to Buy From Market for 9.7 inch iPad (2018 Edition)
Along with adapting to a healthier lifestyle, there are a few things to keep in mind to prevent fatigue and lull in the long run.
– Use a standing mat while you’re using your desk in a standing position. It helps prevent fatigue and also soreness of the feet. ( you can buy them from amazon.com which starts from $29)
– Your screen should be at least 30 inches away from your eyes while standing or sitting both. Along with the eyes, your back and hands should be comfortable and flat which prevents joint pains and backache.
– Don’t take a bigger leap in excitement. Start slow and steady and create a balance between the two positions.
– Keep on moving to prevent your body from getting fatigued and tired.
– The first priority is the comfort of your body no matter what position you choose to work. Try working in a calm and positive environment to concentrate better which will lead to a healthy production.
These were the best standing desks which you could use for your workplace or work at home needs.